⚠️ Are our rights to compensation for damages under the GDPR under threat? A(nother) recent Opinion from the CJEU is making waves this year, and today we discussed the case with Max Schrems, who has tweeted ferociously about it over the past weeks.
The recent Opinion coming out of the Court of Justice of the European Union regards:
- Non-material damage resulting from unlawful processing of data
- Conditions for the right to compensation
- Damage above a certain threshold of seriousness
But does it actually clarify on (any of) these areas? 🤔 We're not sure!
👉 Listen in and join the discussion on LinkedIn.
Links and resources:
- The Opinion of Advocate General Campos Sánchez-Bordona delivered on 6 October 2022 (Case C‑300/21)
- noyb's press release 13 October and Max Schrems' detailed legal analysis (also see other links from these pages)